How Much Should It Cost To Repair A Garage Door?
Garage Door Repair
Price Estimates To Repair A Garage Door
There are many factors to contribute to the cost, including parts and labor. With so many moving parts and elements including age and use lets first look at what common factors affect the amount it will cost to repair it:
- Amount of Damage
This should be no surprise; the amount of damage to it will affect how much it costs to repair. If some parts need to be tightened, it will cost less than if the springs have broken and need to be replaced. They have many components, including the door itself so; first, the technician will need to diagnose what the problem is and then prepare an estimate.
- Type and Style of Door
Another factor affecting how much it will cost to repair a it is the type and style of the one being serviced. Simple doors will cost less to repair that more intricate ones that have windows or other decorative ornaments.
- Construction Material
Different types of materials used to construct them will also affect the cost. For example, steel ones will cost less to fix than wooden doors.
Some homeowners prefer that their color matches their home so after repairs are complete, it may be necessary to repaint or refinish the door to match the home with will obviously raise the cost of the repair.
- Labor and Service Charges
Labor and service charges for repair will vary widely from company to company and from region to region. It is best to call and get estimates from multiple companies before deciding whom to choose.
Now that you understand the factors that can affect how much it will cost to repair a garage door, we can look at some of the average costs:
- Springs- One of the most common costs, as springs are responsible for storing mechanical energy required to open and close it.
- Torsion- $60 to $100 per spring
- Extension- $25 to $70 per spring
- Cables- Cables help to reduce damage or injury should a spring break they will catch the door. It is important to make sure they are not damaged or broken.
- $20 to $40 Each
- Panel- Panels can become damaged either through an accident or just age and use, and it can be cheaper to replace a panel than the entire door.
- $250 to $800
- Openers – Responsible for opening and closing the garage, openers work several thousands of times a year so repairs should be expected. Repair $100 to $200. Replacement $400 to $700.
- Tracks – Tracks guide it as it opens and closes if the track is damaged or broken it will not open or close. $175 to $300.
Listed above are some of the estimated costs to repair one. In addition to parts, most companies will also expect a service fee just for coming out and looking at the garage door, and this can cost, on average from $50 to $100. The experts at San Antonio Overhead Pros do our best to provide the best possible service at the most economical prices. To best serve our customers, we offer a free onsite estimate and our team of expert technicians will always provide a written estimate of costs and all our work is backed by our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. For a company, you can trust call San Antonio Overhead Pros.
Do you need garage door fixed?
Call our team today for expert overhead door repairs and installations.